- American Public Opinion Landscape - International Affairs August 12, 2014
- GPG wins the 2014 Federal Public Affairs SABRE Award May 09, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Energy and the Environment April 23, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape – The Economy April 15, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Health Care and the ACA March 31, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - International Affairs March 24, 2014
- Oliver Phillips Joins The Glover Park Group as Managing Director March 13, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - The State of the Union January 28, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Government Shutdown Aftermath October 21, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Health Care October 01, 2013
- View more articles
WPP agrees to acquire The Glover Park Group in the US
November 29, 2011
LONDON—WPP [NASDAQ:WPPGY], the world’s largest marketing communications service company, announces that it has agreed to acquire The Glover Park Group (“GPG”), a nationally-recognized strategic communications and government relations firm.
Founded in 2001, and employing more than 140 people, GPG has become one of the fastest growing and most respected firms in the US. Headquartered in Washington, DC and with offices in New York, Los Angeles and Boulder, CO, GPG offers its clients a suite of fully integrated services including public affairs, media relations, government affairs, opinion research, crisis communications, digital strategy, corporate reputation, advertising and brand positioning.
Combining deep topical expertise and strategic insight that crosses party lines, GPG has been at the forefront of the most important debates in the last decade. From health care and financial services reform to education, energy and international relations, GPG has supported industry-leading corporations, non-profit organizations, public institutions, and high profile individuals in shaping the national conversation. Since its founding, GPG has expanded its expertise to include strategic communications for complex business events such as mergers and acquisitions, executive transitions, and high-stakes negotiations. In addition, the firm has significantly deepened its bench of experts in brand positioning and corporate reputation management.
The firm’s leadership comes from diverse backgrounds including leadership positions in the U.S. House and Senate, the Obama, Bush and Clinton administrations as well as from electoral campaigns, journalism, and the nation’s top consumer marketing and advertising firms.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
Kevin McCormack, WPP
T. + 212-632 2239
Jason Miner, The Glover Park Group
T. +202 337 0808
Feona McEwan, WPP
T. +44-20 7408 2204
WPP is the world’s largest communications services group with billings of $66 billion and revenues of approximately $15 billion. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising; media investment management; consumer insight; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion and relationship marketing and specialist communications. The company employs over 153,000 people (including associates) in 2,400 offices in 107 countries. For more information, visit www.wpp.com.