- American Public Opinion Landscape - International Affairs August 12, 2014
- GPG wins the 2014 Federal Public Affairs SABRE Award May 09, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Energy and the Environment April 23, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape – The Economy April 15, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Health Care and the ACA March 31, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - International Affairs March 24, 2014
- Oliver Phillips Joins The Glover Park Group as Managing Director March 13, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - The State of the Union January 28, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Government Shutdown Aftermath October 21, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Health Care October 01, 2013
- View more articles
Press Release: Veteran Hill Operative John Hughes Joins The Glover Park Group
February 15, 2013
Hughes brings financial services, trade expertise to GPG
Washington, D.C. – February 15, 2013 – Today, The Glover Park Group (GPG) announced that John Hughes joined the firm as a Senior Vice President in the Government Affairs practice. Hughes will be based in GPG’s Washington, D.C. office and work on a broad range of the firm’s clients.
John was most recently senior policy advisor to House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer on financial services, trade, manufacturing, small business, housing, and consumer protection issues. Previously, John served as counsel to the House Financial Services Committee and, prior to joining the Committee’s majority staff in 2007, was managing director of tax advocacy at the National Council of State Housing Agencies.
“John brings a wealth of knowledge to the firm, having worked for years on the Hill on the most complex financial services and trade issues,” said Joel Johnson, head of the Government Affairs practice at GPG. “Our team and clients will benefit from his experience and insight and we are excited to welcome him on board.”
John earned a bachelor of arts in political science from the University of Pennsylvania and a law degree and master of public policy from the University of Michigan. Born in Brooklyn, New York, he currently resides in Silver Spring, Maryland, with his wife and three daughters.
About The Glover Park Group The Glover Park Group is one of the fastest-growing consulting firms in the nation, with more than 150 employees, and offices in Washington, D.C., New York and Boulder, Colo. Launched in 2001 by White House and political veterans, GPG is a full-service public affairs, crisis communications, government relations, branding, creative and research firm. We were recognized as the 2011 Outstanding Public Affairs Consultancy by the influential Holmes Report. GPG has developed an exceptional reputation for creating favorable operating environments for businesses, industries and nonprofits, specializing in using smart strategy and cutting-edge creativity to craft and disseminate compelling strategic communication campaigns to a variety of influential audiences and to help organizations achieve reputational and public affairs goals. Our staff embodies decades of corporate, campaign, media and government experience at the highest levels in those fields.
For more information about the Glover Park Group, visit gloverparkgroup.com.
Press Contact Rachel Seelig email@example.com (202) 295-0142