- The Public Opinion Landscape - Energy and the Environment May 01, 2013
- Press Release: Veteran Hill Operative John Hughes Joins The Glover Park Group February 15, 2013
- Press Release: Joe Lockhart Returns to the Glover Park Group January 25, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Inauguration Edition January 18, 2013
- Press Release: Jonathan Kopp Joins Glover Park Group as Chief Interactive Strategist, Managing Director January 09, 2013
- Where in the World is GPG this Election? November 02, 2012
- The Public Opinion Landscape - The Economy September 21, 2012
- The Public Opinion Landscape – Democratic National Convention September 05, 2012
- The Public Opinion Landscape – Republican National Convention August 27, 2012
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Health Care March 26, 2012
- View more articles
Jon Gans Joins the Glover Park Group As a Managing Director
March 21, 2012
(Washington, D.C.) – March 20, 2012 – Jon Gans, the lead policy advisor and legislative strategist to Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl (R-AZ), is joining the Glover Park Group (GPG) as a Managing Director. Gans – a lawyer with more than a decade of service at the highest levels of government – brings a rare mix of experience to GPG, having served in top positions with the Senate Republican Leadership, the White House and the House of Representatives. Gans is currently Deputy Chief of Staff and Policy Director to the Senate's second-ranking Republican.
Gans further strengthens an impressive bipartisan team that includes Brian Gaston, the former top policy staffer to Republican Leaders Boehner and Blunt, and Alex Mistri, a former White House aide to President George W. Bush and Capitol Hill veteran.
“The depth of Jon's experience runs the gamut – health care, homeland security, financial services, energy – you name it, he knows it,” said GPG Managing Director Joel Johnson. “His work on tax and fiscal issues will prove invaluable as tax reform and deficit reduction are likely to take center stage in the coming months.”
Gans previously worked at OMB with Bush Administration Budget Directors Bolten, Portman and Nussle. More recently he was Senator Kyl's chief policy advisor to the Biden deficit group and the subsequent “Super Committee.”
“We're fortunate that Jon joins us as a colleague, and our clients will be just as fortunate to benefit from his counsel,” said Johnson.
Gans' earlier postings include Legislative Counsel to Representative Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) and as Appropriations and Budget Counsel to the Senate Republican Policy Committee. He graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder and received his JD from the University of Denver College of Law.
About The Glover Park Group
In a fast-changing business environment powerfully affected by political trends, The Glover Park Group helps organizations succeed by creating methodically-focused, savvy, and crisp campaigns that shape the way critical audiences view our clients and their goals. The Glover Park Group is based in Washington, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Boulder, CO.
For more information about The Glover Park Group, visit gloverparkgroup.com.
Alissa Brenner, [email protected]