- The Public Opinion Landscape - Government Shutdown Aftermath October 21, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Health Care October 01, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - The Economy September 23, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - International Affairs July 25, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Same-Sex Marriage June 25, 2013
- Press Release: The Glover Park Group and Global Advertising Strategies Announce Strategic Initiative Focused on Russia June 12, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Energy and the Environment May 01, 2013
- Press Release: Veteran Hill Operative John Hughes Joins The Glover Park Group February 15, 2013
- Press Release: Joe Lockhart Returns to the Glover Park Group January 25, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Inauguration Edition January 18, 2013
- View more articles
John Myers Joins The Glover Park Group as Vice President
March 03, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 3, 2011—The Glover Park Group (GPG) announced that John Myers, most recently a Senior Advisor to Senator Arlen Specter, has joined the firm as a Vice President in its Government Affairs practice.
Working the Hill for more than a decade, Myers played a pivotal role in crafting innumerable major pieces of legislation, specifically in the Health and Science areas and most recently the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
“John brings to us, not only a keen understanding of how the Hill works, but also a strong policy grounding on complicated legislative issues,” said Joel Johnson, Managing Director of The Glover Park Group’s Government Affairs practice. “His experience on both fronts will be invaluable to our clients as we help them navigate an unpredictable legislative agenda, especially on the health care front.”
Throughout his tenure in Senator Specter’s office, Myers managed relations with the both Democratic and Republican Administrations, as well as the Senate Judiciary, Finance and Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committees, and myriad House offices on matters relevant to the Senator’s agenda.
“A seasoned and respected veteran of Capitol Hill, John further strengthens our standout Health and Wellness team,” said Chip Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Glover Park Group. “His unique perspective will prove critical to the long-term success of our clients.”
Myers is a graduate of the University of Nebraska- Lincoln, with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology.
About The Glover Park Group
In a fast-changing business environment powerfully affected by political trends, The Glover Park Group helps organizations succeed by creating campaigns that shape the way critical audiences view our clients and their goals. The firm offers a range of communication services, including advocacy and image advertising, public affairs services, media relations, issues and crisis management, legislative affairs, research and corporate communications to leading corporations, non-profit organizations, initiative campaigns and industry coalitions. The Glover Park Group is based in Washington, D.C., with offices in New York and Los Angeles.
Aoife McCarthy, email@example.com