- The Public Opinion Landscape - The State of the Union January 28, 2014
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Government Shutdown Aftermath October 21, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Health Care October 01, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - The Economy September 23, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - International Affairs July 25, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Same-Sex Marriage June 25, 2013
- Press Release: The Glover Park Group and Global Advertising Strategies Announce Strategic Initiative Focused on Russia June 12, 2013
- The Public Opinion Landscape - Energy and the Environment May 01, 2013
- Press Release: Veteran Hill Operative John Hughes Joins The Glover Park Group February 15, 2013
- Press Release: Joe Lockhart Returns to the Glover Park Group January 25, 2013
- View more articles
Elizabeth Engel Joins The Glover Park Group As a Managing Director
March 24, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 23, 2011 – The Glover Park Group today announced that Elizabeth Engel, most recentlyDeputy Assistant Secretary for Legislation at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), has joined the firm as a Managing Director in the Government Affairs practice. Engel will join GPG’s Health + Wellness practice, which provides clients with integrated support, including government relations, public affairs, opinion research, marketing and advertising.
Engel, a former healthcare regulatory attorney, brings extensive health policy experience spanning government, corporate, and non-profit organizations to GPG. In her most recent role, Engel served as the liaison between HHS and Members of Congress regarding Medicare, Medicaid and other critical issues related to health reform. She worked closely with key White House officials and the leadership of other agencies to advance policy priorities.
Engel also served as a member of the Obama-Biden Transition team, conducting outreach on behalf of the health care policy working group to trade associations, businesses, unions and advocacy organizations. Prior to the transition, Engel served as the Health Policy Advisor at the U.S. Senate Democratic Policy Committee in the 110th Congress.
“The range of knowledge Elizabeth will bring to The Glover Park Group is truly remarkable, to say the least,” said Joel Johnson, Managing Director of The Glover Park Group’s Government Affairs practice. “Her insights drawn from public service and her background in the private sector will result in exceptional counsel to our clients.”
In addition to her public policy career, Engel is an accomplished attorney. She practiced in New York with Proskauer Rose, LLP in the firm’s health care department and was then the director of Legal and Regulatory Affairs for iScribe, Inc., an electronic prescribing company in California. Engel also spent several years at Stanford University in the Office of the General Counsel as legal counsel to Stanford Medical Center, where she advised her clients in structuring hospital operations and transactions consistent with health care laws and regulations.
Engel graduated cum laude from University of California, Los Angeles with a BA in Communications, and earned a JD from UCLA School of Law.
About The Glover Park Group
In a fast-changing business environment powerfully affected by political trends, The Glover Park Group helps organizations succeed by creating campaigns that shape the way critical audiences view our clients and their goals. The firm offers a range of communication services, including advocacy and image advertising, public affairs services, media relations, issues and crisis management, legislative affairs, research and corporate communications to leading corporations, non-profit organizations, initiative campaigns and industry coalitions. The Glover Park Group is based in Washington, D.C., with offices in New York and Los Angeles.
Aoife McCarthy, firstname.lastname@example.org